John 13:1 – 35, 15:1 – 17
John 15:1–4 (NKJV)
1“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
I Our responsibility to abide in Christ
II How do we abide in Christ?
- We abide in Christ by thinking much and often of Christ
- We abide in Christ by having His Word living in us actively.
- We abide in Christ by cultivating a deeper sense of Christ’s love for our souls.
- We abide in Christ by obeying His commandments.
- We abide in Christ by loving one another.