The Supreme Standard of the Church is the Word of God contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. The Subordinate Standard of the Church is the Westminster Confession of Faith read in the light of the Declaratory Statement.
We are Protestant, Evangelical and Reformed.
We believe that there is One God who is the Creator and Judge of the world. In the fullness of time He has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God has made Himself known in His infallible word, the Bible.
- We believe that human beings are created in God’s image. However, when Adam sinned, that image was stained and tarnished. We inherit Adam’s fallen nature.
- The penalty for sin is death, leading ultimately to the second death which is everlasting judgement.
- The law reveals that we are sinners but does not save us.
- Christ is the Lord from heaven who came to lead a sinless life, and offer Himself up as the sinless sacrifice to pay the death penalty which we deserve.
- We cannot earn salvation. We can only receive it when the Holy Spirit enables us to have faith in Christ alone.
- Trusting in Christ and not our own merits, we seek to live godly lives, loving God and our neighbour.
- We seek to serve Christ in the fellowship of the body of His people, the Church. Our joining this body is signified by baptism, our ongoing commitment to Christ is signified by taking part in the Lord’s Supper.