Proverbs 5:1-23; Ephesians 5:21-33
“Drink water from your own cistern, And running water from your own well.” (Proverbs 5:15, NKJV)
“Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice with the wife of your youth.” (Proverbs 5:18, NKJV)
I. The sanctity of marriage and the joy in it.
- The sacred bond of marriage.
- Joy unspeakable and full of pleasure.
- The threat to the marriage bond.
- The bond broken and shattered – it’s ruination and ensuing sorrows.
II. A bride prepared and adorned for her husband.
- A bride chosen by the Father for the Son.
- A bride redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
- A bride nourished and cherished by her husband.
- Marriage consummated in glory.